Política de Privacidad
Sentimos por el momento no tener esta información disponible en español. Por favor, para cualquier duda o consulta no dejes de ponerte en contacto con nosotros.
The use of this Site and its services is subject to our Terms and Conditions, which you may access at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of any page on this Site. We welcome members of all ages to this Site and its services. While we are not required to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act because of our non-profit status, we strongly encourage members under thirteen years old to access our services only with parental consent and supervision in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
As with any other site on the Internet, we collect certain information about you that may identify you personally through your use of this Site and its services, such as:
The Account Information that we collect includes:
- Basic information that is provided during our member registration process, including your first and last name, location (city, state, and country), and email address.
- Optional information about the kind of listings you would like us to send to you via Email Alerts
- Additional information for your organization profile, such as your photos, logos, your mission, and a description of your services.
We do not collect any of this information about you when you visit the Site unless you give us that information.
Member-Created Content. One reason people and organizations use Idealist.org is to share content with others. Examples include when you create an organization profile, post listings, or upload a photo.
Payment Information. Certain of our services are fee-based and we therefore will collect payment information from you, such as credit card numbers and billing addresses. Because payment transactions on the Site are currently outsourced to third party service providers, it is necessary for us to provide access to your payment information to such third parties. In those cases, we take reasonable steps to ensure that these providers do not use or otherwise disclose any information we collect about you except for the purpose of fulfilling their service obligations to us.
Site Use and Access. In order to monitor the effectiveness of the Site, identify areas of interest, and consider potential improvements to the Site, we also keep track of the actions you take on the Site, such as:
- Signing up for Email Alerts;
- Becoming an administrator;
- Saving listings; and
- Publishing content.
- Store your login ID (but never your password) to make it easier for you to log in whenever you come back to the Site;
- Assess the technical function of the Site; and
- Track information about which pages you visit within the Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of the Site or our content.
Like many other websites, we automatically collect information about your Internet connection that does NOT identify you personally, such as:
- The IP address of the computer or device you used to access the Internet;
- The browser type and operating system you use to access our Site;
- The name of the website from which you linked directly to our Site;
- The date and time you access our Site; and
- The pages you visit.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information that you give us to provide services that you request; respond to your questions or inquiries; identify areas of member interest; consider potential improvements to our Site; and provide a forum to connect people and organizations.
The following list provides some specific examples of the ways we may use information about you:
- If you request it, we match your preferences with organizations and listings that meet your criteria. We use your Account Information to email you about these prospects.
- If you request materials from us, we also ask that you provide us with certain personal information for distribution purposes. We may also use that personal information to determine the level of interest in our offerings.
- We may use your Account Information to get in touch with you regarding the status of your online requests for services or any additional information you requested. We may also use your Account Information and Member-Created Content to determine whether you qualify for any services for which you request online.
- We may use your Account Information and Member-Created Content to contact you regarding additional services and features or requesting your feedback about your experience with the Site.
- We may use your Profile Information and Member-Created Content to occasionally contact you with service-related announcements. You may opt out of all communications except essential Site notifications. We may also include content you see on Idealist.org in the emails we send to you.
- You can contact us directly with questions or comments regarding the services or to request additional information by following the links on the «Contact Us» section of our Site. These links require you to give certain personal information so that we may respond to your inquiry.
We will only disclose your personal information to others without first obtaining your consent in the following circumstances:
- Complying With Law Enforcement. Like any other site, we may be asked to provide personal information about our members in certain types of legal or law enforcement proceedings and may disclose such information if we have a good faith belief that doing so is required by law. This may include respecting requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States.
- Preventing Fraud and Other Illegal Activity. We may also share personal information about our members when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, to prevent imminent bodily harm, or to protect both ourselves and you from people violating our Terms and Conditions. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts, or other government entities.
- Coordinating With Third Party Suppliers and Service Providers. We may use third party suppliers and service providers to facilitate our services, and they may have access to your personal information. For example, we may outsource one or more aspects of our Site to a supplier or service provider who performs services according to our requirements, such as when you make a payment. We may also share Member-Created Content about our members with feed partners (such as other job listing websites), in order to further promote your organization or listings. Please remember that, although we endeavor to select only reputable companies who share our commitment to customer privacy, we are in no way responsible for the actions or policies of these other organizations.
- Enforcing our Terms and Conditions. In certain instances, we may have a good faith belief that it is necessary to disclose personal information in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions of this Site.
We do not sell or trade or provide your personal information to marketing companies or information brokers or any other organization or individual for commercial or marketing purposes.
3. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
If you have an individual User Account with Idealist, your information is generally not shared on our website. If you have an Organization Account with Idealist, all information you share, including your organization profile, and all listings you post will be viewable on our website.
Here are some additional things to remember:
- We take certain steps to ensure that other Site members, third party suppliers, and service providers use your shared information in a manner consistent with your preferences, but we cannot guarantee that they will follow our rules.
- Information you make available to others might be re-shared or copied by those individuals and organizations.
- We may provide you with discussion or comment features for your use. In the event you voluntarily disclose personal information using this service, that information, along with any content in your communication or post, can be collected, correlated, and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from or improper and unauthorized use of your personal information by third parties. Such activities are beyond our control.
- Even after you remove information from your profile or delete your account, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your preferences, or it was copied or stored by others.
- Some information, including old Personal Profile Information (no longer offered) is subject to indexing by third-party search engines, and may be available on the Internet. This information may therefore be associated with you outside of our Site (such as on other Internet sites or search engines).
- There are NO privacy settings for certain types of information that you post on the Site, such as listings and organization pages. This information is public for all members of the Internet, regardless of membership on the Site.
4. THIRD PARTY LINKS
5. HOW WE PROTECT INFORMATION
We do our best to keep your information secure, but you must actively participate in the process of keeping your information safe.
We keep your account information on a secured server behind a firewall. When you enter sensitive information (like your password), the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also reserve the right to analyze accounts for fraudulent or irregular behavior and we may limit use of site features in response to possible signs of abuse.
You can reduce the inherent risks associated with using the Internet by exercising common sense and discretion: for example, you should choose a strong password, use different passwords for different websites and services, and use updated antivirus software. You should report any security violations to us as outlined in the section below.
6. QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS
- By email
- By telephone: 212-843-3973
- By mail: 302 Fifth Avenue, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10001, United States
7. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY